Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sambal Goreng

Sabal goreng to me is this but I just learn that in malaysia its called sambal goreng jawa ... wonder why?hanya orang jawa sahja yg masak ni ke?

A very yummy dish but lot of work to prepare but once you are organised its actually easy and simple




What you need:-
This is step by step so you won't go wrong if in doubt call me ..... hehehe



Sliced 4-5 garlics
1inch lengkuas
3-4 serai
5 red chilis
blacan will be used later



Fry your tofu and tempeh first and put aside to cool.



Prawns all cleaned.....



Long beans also sliced.





In a frying wok heat up 3tblspoon of oil and tumis the sliced ingredients.
Add 2 tablespoon cili,2tblspoon fried shallots(for those who are cili queens can add more cili).
Tumis till fragrant add in the blacan (mixed with a bit of santan)
Stir in the prawns and long beans.



Squeezed the asam with some santan too ..... cook for few minutes.
Add the fried tofu and tempeh.


Pour a about 1 tablespoon of santan and a bit of water.
Add salt and sugar to taste.

Your sambal goreng will look like this .... best with hot rice or like me sometimes I eat with bread.

To Sya if you are reading this ni recipe nya .... senangkan?



till my next recipe..........

8 comments:

Lina said...

Kak Elle,

I tak pernah makan sambal ni tapi tengok sedap & ingredients pun senang nak dapat so kena try ni :-)Rasanya kat M'sia panggil Sambal Jawa sebab ada tempe kot..ishh pepandai ja I ni.. heheh

Kak Elle said...

lina...

maybe eh?u can get tempe in Holland? dah bagus tu:)

Lina said...

Kak Elle,

Tempe senang sangat nak dapat kat sini cuz sinikan ramai indies (indo mix dutch). Yang dah digoreng siap pun ada tapi I tak reti nak masak cuz kita orang utara tak biasa makan tempe! Bila tengok recipe ni sedap, baru tau nak buat apa dgn tempe hehehe. Tq for the recipe!

p/s - Kak elle I want to add your link to my blog so senang boleh direct terus visit sini takyah singgah2 heheh? Boleh ker??

Anonymous said...

Kak Elle :


I love sambal goreng (even though bukan orang Jawa). Arwah my mum rajin buat and especially time Raya. But unfortunately tak sempat mintak resepi kat dia. Thanks for putting this up.

Kak Elle said...

Lina oh ya saya lupa deh org belanda pun bisa makan tempe kan?

You are welcome to link me:)but may not put recipes as often though ok?

Kak Elle said...

MA buat jgn tak buat tau?actually senang aje this time I tak tarok chicken liver cos one of my brothers tak makan hati ayam so prawns aje lah.

Lina said...

Kak Elle,

Tq, I dah add kan ur link :-) Kalo typical Belanda itu rasanya enggak makan tempe, cuz my hubby tak kenal apa itu tempe pun heheh :-) Tapi yang mixture itu aáh memang makannya mesti ada tempe atau sambal ;-) Kak Elle tak selalu update recipes pun tak apa but still kita jenguk kat sini tiap2 hari hehehhe :-D

Anonymous said...

Many thanks.